By: Chef Cristian Feher
|© Cristian Feher 2012 | Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad|
Watermelon pairs very well with salty cheeses like Havarti, Parmesan and Greek Feta. The addition of fresh herbs, garlic and extra virgin olive oil add to this flavorful and refreshing dish.
- Watermelon Cubes
- Feta cheese slices
- chopped herbs (parsley, oregano)
- Minced garlic (fresh - don't use the jarred stuff)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the feta cheese into square slices.
2. Using the feta slices as a guide, cut the watermelon cubes the same width and length as the feta slices.
3. Mince the garlic and chop the fresh herbs.
4. Plate the watermelon cubes and put a slice of Feta on each cube. Sprinkle with fresh herbs, garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Season with fresh pepper and salt and enjoy!