By: Chef Cristian Feher
|Click HERE to watch the video|
My wife is not a chef, but when it comes to dessert, watch out! That little lady knows her sweets. Within seconds she came up with this delightfully tasty and healthy treat.
"Why don't you cook some apples with a little honey, cinnamon, glazed walnuts and dried fruit, and then put it in a cup with some fat-free vanilla yogurt!" And so I did!
Different apples vary in sweetness and acidity, and different honeys have different levels of sweet. So I recommend that this recipe is done with a lot of sampling. Add a little of this or that, and taste as you until you reach a sweetness level and flavor that you like.
Here is the recipe:
Yields: 4 servings
- 6 apples of your choice (I used red organic apples)
- 1-2 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of glazed walnuts with dried berries of your choice (I found these in the salad section at Publix)
- A tub of fat-free, sugar-free vanilla yogurt
- Fresh mint for garnish
1. Core and dice your apples.
2. In a non-stick pan, cook your apples until they begin to get mushy. Then add the rest of the ingredients - minus the yogurt and the mint - and adjust the flavors.
3. Serve warm apple mixture over yogurt in a cup, and garnish with a sprig of mint!
Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker (Google Affiliate Ad)
Cuisipro Apple Corer (Google Affiliate Ad)