Friday, November 16, 2012

Easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe

Easy Thanksgiving Dessert: Apple Parfait
By: Chef Cristian Feher
www.tampabaychef.com

Click HERE to watch the video
I'm driving back home across the Courtney Campbell and I'm talking to my wife on the phone. "Fox 13 asked that I come up with a dessert that is both healthy and good. Any ideas?" I asked.

My wife is not a chef, but when it comes to dessert, watch out! That little lady knows her sweets. Within seconds she came up with this delightfully tasty and healthy treat.

"Why don't you cook some apples with a little honey, cinnamon, glazed walnuts and dried fruit, and then put it in a cup with some fat-free vanilla yogurt!" And so I did! 

Different apples vary in sweetness and acidity, and different honeys have different levels of sweet. So I recommend that this recipe is done with a lot of sampling. Add a little of this or that, and taste as you until you reach a sweetness level and flavor that you like. 

Here is the recipe:

Yields: 4 servings

Ingredients:
- 6 apples of your choice (I used red organic apples)
- 1-2 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of glazed walnuts with dried berries of your choice (I found these in the salad section at Publix)
- A tub of fat-free, sugar-free vanilla yogurt
- Fresh mint for garnish

Instructions:

1. Core and dice your apples.

2. In a non-stick pan, cook your apples until they begin to get mushy. Then add the rest of the ingredients - minus the yogurt and the mint - and adjust the flavors.

3. Serve warm apple mixture over yogurt in a cup, and garnish with a sprig of mint!


Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker (Google Affiliate Ad)

Cuisipro Apple Corer (Google Affiliate Ad)


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Would love to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete