Cream Cheese Strawberry Pizza Recipe
By: Chef Cristian Feher
This is a quick and delicious dessert pizza perfect for brunch or entertaining your guests. You can make this recipe really easy by using pre-made pizza crusts, baking your own store-bought pizza dough, or making your own dough from scratch.
For this recipe I will do it the ol’ fashioned way - using a really good brioche dough recipe. However, you can use a pre-made pizza crust and skip ahead.
Ingredients for the brioche pizza dough: (makes about 4 pizzas)
- 2/3 Cup of lukewarm water
- 1/2 tbsp of granulated yeast
- 3/4 tbsp of kosher salt
- 2 1/2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 3 1/4 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of melted butter (unsalted)
- Large airtight container with a lid. (poke two small holes on the lid with the tip of a pen or screwdriver)
Instructions for the dough:
1. Mix the yeast, salt, eggs, sugar and vanilla with the water in a large bowl. or a lidded container with two to three holes on the lid.
2. Add the flour and then pour in the melted butter over the top. Mix the dough using a wooden spoon, or a heavy duty stand mixer with a paddle.
3. Cover the dough and allow it to rest at room temp until the dough rises and collapses for 2 hours (it may just flatten on top without collapsing - this is fine).
4. After the 2 hours, put the dough in the fridge for at least 3 hours to chill it. You should still have it in a lidded container with the two little holes on the top.
5. When ready to make the pizza, roll out the dough on a floured surface. Roll it out with a pin, or stretch and pinch it gently by hand until you get something that looks like a pizza! I like to make the pizza on a pizza peel and then slide it onto a pizza stone in the oven. Cook the pizza for about 20 minutes at 350.
6. Take pizza out of the oven when finished cooking. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes and top with the strawberry toppings (below)
Ingredients for the pizza topping.
- Sliced Strawberries
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 12 oz container of whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Sweetened condensed milk (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, heavy cream and brown sugar with a whisk until mixed well.
2. Spread some of the cheese mixture on the pizza.
3. Arrange the sliced strawberries over the cheese.
4. You may choose to garnish it with swirls of chocolate sauce and/or sweetened condensed milk.
5. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Cheese Pizza:
- Sliced Strawberries
- 1 8oz container of Kraft Philadelphia milk chocolate indulgence
- Sweetened condensed milk
1. Spread some Kraft milk chocolate cream cheese on the pizza.
2. Top with sliced strawberries.
3. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk and cut into slices.
4. Hold on to your hats!