Strawberry Nachos Recipe
By: Chef Cristian Feher
Yes you heard right! Strawberry nachos. Fruit and cheese pair really nicely together and have been enjoyed together by food lovers as long as cheese has been around.
Although this recipe sounds strange, I couldn’t resist the combination of sweet and salty with soft and crispy.
I made the strawberry salsa using fresh green seedless grapes, and Florida strawberries. I then spread the mixture over corn nacho chips and baked them with sharp cheddar. I hope you like these as much as I do.
- 16oz of strawberries
- equal amount of seedless grapes (as the strawberries)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- nacho corn chips
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. To make the grape and strawberry salsa, I put the grapes and strawberries (minus the green parts) in a food processor until they got chunky. I then transferred the mixture to a skillet and added the sugar.
2. Simmer the mixture in the skillet for about 30 minutes. Then pour into a mesh strainer and get most of the water out. You want to end up with a thick, chunky mixture.
3. Pour some of the mixture on some nacho chips, and top with shredded cheddar.
4. You can bake this in the oven, set it near the mouth of a volcano, or microwave the dish. The bottom line: you just want the cheese to melt.