Breakfast Spaghetti Recipe
By: Chef Cristian Feher
They say Christopher Columbus discovered America by accident. Well, this recipe is not as significant, but it was also an accidental discovery, and it has become my favorite breakfast dish. Try it for yourself and see!
Yields: 1 large, satisfying portion.
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tbsp of organic salted butter
- 2 cups of cooked organic spaghetti
- 4 slices of uncured applewood smoked bacon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
The best thing about this recipe is not only the taste, but how quickly you can make it. That’s actually why I threw it together - I was short on time, rummaged through my fridge, and came up with the short list of ingredients.
1. Cut the bacon into large segments and fry in a non stick skillet until desired doneness is reached - I like my bacon soft cooked.
2. Add the cooked spaghetti, the butter, and toss around with the bacon until it’s nice and hot. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Add two eggs and stir them quickly into the pasta. Cook for about 45 seconds stirring them quickly. I don’t let the eggs get fully cooked, I like this dish soggy. So I only cook the eggs for a few seconds. Keep in mind that as the egg sits in the hot pasta on your plate it will continue to cook. So do not fully cook the eggs while they’re in the pan.
4. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and may your breakfasts never be the same again!