By: Chef Cristian Feher
It's summer. It's hot. And your kids want ice cream. But instead of rustling your children into the car, traffic, back seat brawls and line ups, you'll be using up those frozen berries that have been taking up room in your freezer. Not only is this recipe cool and healthy, but it can be put together in less than 5 minutes!
- 10oz package of frozen organic blueberries
- 1/3 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of organic whipping cream (35% cream) or organic fat-free yogurt
- A fresh mint leaf and chopped pistacchio nuts as garnish (optional)
- You will need a food processor. It can also be done in a blender, but it is much easier and less messy to do it in a food processor.
1. Put all the ingredients in the food processor. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth (less than a minute). Transfer them into a container. You can serve right away. For best consistency put the ice cream in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.