By: Chef Cristian Feher
With this recipe I'll show you how to make a gluten-free, low-carb, Paleo pizza using a meat crust, fresh vegetables and whole milk mozzarella. You can find the recipe below. You can also watch this recipe on the latest episode of The Hot Skillet on Food Chain TV.
How to make Paleo Pizza
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 Lb of Ground Beef (grass-fed, organic)
- - 1 Lb of Ground Pork
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of Almond Flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15oz can of organic tomato puree
- 1 lb of whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Assorted vegetables for topping
- Prepare all of your ingredients and put them in plates and/or containers ready to use. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
mix the "crust", mix the ground pork, ground beef, minced garlic,
minced thyme, minced parsley, almond flour, one egg, and salt to taste.
Mix well by hand.
- Transfer the meat "crust" to a non-stick baking sheet and spread out thin (1/2 inch thick layer).
- Season the tomato puree with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Spred a layer of tomato puree on top of the meat "crust".
- Top the "crust" with chopped vegetables of choice, such as: mushrooms, peppers, squash, etc.
- Sprinkle a pound of shredded mozzarella cheese over the pizza.
- Roast in oven at 450 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through. Enjoy!