By: Chef Cristian Feher
|Beef pot roast in one hour!|
|Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker|
|Beef Chuck Roast|
|Notice the nice fat marbling on a beef chuck roast!|
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 large onion
- 3 celery ribs
- 8 carrots, peeled
- 6-8 red potatoes, whole
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Flavorful beef stock made from bullion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
1. Dice the onion, cut the carrots and celery into large chunks and mince the garlic.
|Sauteeing the carrots, garlic and onions.|
|Cut roast into smaller pieces.|
4. Put the potatoes on top of the beef.
|Beef stock made from bullion|
|Put beef on top of vegeteables.|
|Put potatoes on top of beef.|
5. Add enough beef stock to just barely cover the beef.
6. Put the lid on and set the pressure cooker to cook the dish for 1 hour on high pressure.
7. Once the cooking is done, and the pressure has settled for a few minutes, let the steam out through the pressure valve (by following the pressure cooker instruction manual). Remove the vegetables and beef into a bowl or holding pot. Season the remaining liquid in the pressure cooker with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve the beef, potatoes, and carrots in soup bowls with some of the beef liquid and enjoy!